- Natural Mixed Tocopherol E-400 is a Vitamin E supplement with Mixed Tocopherols. The Vitamin E provided is in the all natural pure d-alpha tocopherol form. The inclusion of the mixed tocopherols, increase bioavailability and provides added antioxidant activity.*
- About Vitamin E and “mixed” Tocopherols: Vitamin E is named “tocopherol”, a chemical name derived from the Greek. The first tocopherol ever discovered was alpha tocopherol. As more were discovered and isolated, each new tocopherol was given the next name in the Greek alphabet. Today there are— –in addition to alpha tocpherol—–beta, gamma, delta and epsilon tochoperols. The alpha tocopherol form is the one found in the largest quantities in human blood and tissue. The advantage of mixed tocopherol products is that they have greater antioxidant activity due to the presence of the beta, delta and gamma tocopherols.*
- As and antioxidant: Vitamin E is a potent fat-soluble antioxidant that helps prevent free radical damage.* Free radicals contribute to many of the health problems that are associated with aging. Free radicals are highly reactive substances that result from normal metabolism, aging, and exposure to factors in the environment like cigarette smoke, pollutants, and ultraviolet light. It protects other fat-soluble vitamins from destruction by oxygen and helps with the utilization of Vitamin A. Vitamin E also helps to protect cholesterol from oxidation and supports circulation and blood viscosity.*
- Natural vs Synthetic: Natural Vitamin E is better than synthetic Vitamin E because it is more available to the body. Synthetic Vitamin E is only 67 percent as active as the natural form. The d-alpha- tocopherol form of Vitamin E is natural and the most potent.* The natural form is listed on a label as d-alpha tocopherol. The synthetic form is listed as dl-alpha-tocopherol. The synthetic form will cost less but is has sig nificantly l ess activity.*
• Skin Health*
• Tissue recovery*
• Protection against free radical damage*
• Regulating blood viscosity*
Natural Mixed Tocophorol E-400 is:
• In an easy to swallow softgel capsule
• All natural
Each softgel capsule contains:
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 400 IU
Mixed Tocopherols 67 mg
yielding d-beta 4 mg
d-gamma 42 mg
d-delta 21 mg
Other ingredients: soybean oil, gelatin, glycerin.
• Warning: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking any nutritional
• Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel daily with a meal, or as directed by your health care
• Distributed by BRAS. Check availability at your nearest BRAS location.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.